The Tiger Stripes Program is a new incentive based program for student groups. It offers four different package options, as shown below. For detailed information about these packages, please visit the Student Group Summit Presentation. For Frequently Asked Questions about new student groups or the Tiger Stripes Program, please visit the Student Group FAQs.
To track your student group’s progress, check out the live updated Tiger Stripes Tracker Google Doc.
Package 1 Requirements
- Complete online registration form on Involved@TU. (within first month of the semester)
- Turn in advisor re/commitment form (Fall semester only)
- Have an up-to-date constitution on file in your organization’s document section on your group’s Involved@TU page.
- Have at least one officer attend and sign in at one of the two Student Group Summits. (Student Group Summits take place within the first month of both the Fall and Spring semester. In the event none of the officers can make either of the two dates, a general member can attend and sign in on behalf of the organization)
- ECS Handbook signed and returned to ECS.
Package 1 Benefits
- Room reservations through Event and Conference Services for group meetings and events
- Access to an SGA senator who can answer questions and guide your organization
- Ability to reserve a table for the Spring/Fall Involvement Fair
- Official listing of your organization on Involved@TU
- Ability to request a university group e-mail account and webpage
- Eligible to advertise events and group activities on campus and through electronic media such as T3 and the Master Event’s Calendar.
Package 2 Requirements
- Complete all of the Package 1 requirements and:
- Complete 50 hours of community service and have members upload the completed hours on Involved@TU. (before the semester deadline )
- Meet with your SGA senator
Package 2 Benefits
- All Package 1 Benefits and:
- Access to one Supplemental request from SGA
- Can request a mailbox in the SGA office
- Ability to request free ad space in the Towerlight from SGA
Package 3 Requirements
- Complete all of the Package 2 requirements and:
- Complete 100 hours of community service and have members upload the completed hours on Involved@TU. (before the semester deadline)
- Have at least one officer attend and sign in at a LEAD workshop offered through Student Activities. (view the calendar of upcoming workshops here)
- Hold one event open to all students on campus and upload the event information prior to the event on Involved@TU.
- Complete all SGA funding requirements – Treasurer’s workshop, FAC meeting, initial budget due date, final budget due date, budget hearing. (*This requirement only needs to be completed if looking to receive the SGA budget benefit).
Package 3 Benefits
- All Package 2 Benefits and:
- Can request a budget from SGA with access to Activity, Equipment and Advertising accounts.
- Can receive up to $150 for a banner with your organization’s name on it from SGA (once per academic year).
- $225 for food at your group’s meetings.
- Access to the collaboration fund
- Priority placement of table at the Involvement Fair (you still need to register however your table will be placed in higher traffic areas, regardless of when you registered).
Package 4 Requirements
- Complete all of the Package 3 requirements and:
- Complete 150 hours of community service and have members upload the completed hours on Involved@TU. (before the semester deadline)
- Have at least one general member attend and sign in at a LEAD workshop offered through Student Activities. (view the calendar of upcoming workshops here)
- Host one event in collaboration with another student group whose purpose is different than yours. Upload the collaboration form and list the event on Involved@TU prior to your event.
- Have at least two officers complete the student engagement record
- Transition Binder (Spring semester only).
Package 4 Benefits
- All Package 3 Benefits and:
- Access to Travel account as a part of SGA budget
- Early registration for rooms for the following year (Spring semester only).
- Additional Supplemental from SGA
To download a printable handout of the Tiger Stripes Program package requirements & benefits, please CLICK HERE